Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Un-Internet Day@the Library!

Thinking Library!

Carole Stanger

January 1, 2011

New Books Upstairs @ the library!

Broke by Glenn Beck

I Still Dream About You by Fannie Flagg

On the Right Track by Marion Jones

Brightest Star in the Sky by Marian Keyes

What the Night Knows by Dean R. Koontz

Athena Project by Brad Thor

Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas

Coming Events @ the Library!

  • Library Hours!

Monday – Friday 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Wednesday 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Sundays—closed

  • Library Board Regular Meeting Monday, Jan. 10 5:30 p.m. upstairs
  • Story Time Programs for 3, 4, & 5 year olds! No registration necessary! Free!
  • Wed./Thurs. Jan. 5/6 Preschool Story Time 10-10:45 a.m.
  • Wed./Thurs. Jan.19/20 Preschool Story Time 10-10:45 a.m.
  • Wed./Thurs. Feb. 2/3 Preschool Story Time 10-10:45 a.m.
  • Wed./Thurs. Feb. 16/17 Preschool Story Time 10-10:45 a.m.
  • Sat. Jan. 8 Cass Co. Conservation Swan Program (bad weather location) 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Did You Know… the Atlantic Public Library has music cd’s available for checkout? They can be checked out for four weeks.

Behind My Desk… I have to smile at this. At the time I am writing this column, the library’s Internet connection is down. I’m getting things done in advance of when they are due! How cool is that? My desk got a major weeding job of extra papers. That looks better. I put together a supplies list that I had wanted to get done for the budget process. Check that off the list. I’ve organized the board information packets. That’s good. I think an “un-Internet” day isn’t a bad idea. It’s delightfully quiet in here, too!

Ok. Checking out library items is being done “the old fashioned way.” You write the person’s name down and the barcode of the item being checked out. The computers are working fine, so that isn’t a double problem. (We’ve had that happen, too…electricity goes off.) If we don’t have the Internet connection fixed when we close tonight, I can take the list of checkouts home. That way I can check them out through my Internet connection. That’s a good thing, too! We don’t have to get “backlogged.”

The library parking lot has plenty of spaces to park, too!

Well, the Internet came back up just in time for school to let out. It was nice while it lasted.

Happy New Year, everyone and…Keep Thinking Libraries!

No comments:

Post a Comment