Monday, July 18, 2011

Lost Article for June 25, 2011

Thinking Library!

Carole Stanger

June 25, 2011

New Books Upstairs @ the library!

One Summer by David Baldacci

Against All Enemies by Tom Clancy

Twelfth Prophecy by Bodie Thoene

Greater Journey by David McCullough

I’ve Never Met an Idiot on the River by Henry Winkler

Devil Colony by James Rollins

Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? by Steven Tyler

Carte Blanche by Jeffery Deaver

Coming Events @ the Library!

  • Library Hours!

Monday – Friday 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Wednesday 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Sundays—closed

  • The Library Board regular meeting Monday, June 13, 5:30 p.m. upstairs
  • Story Time Programs for 3, 4, & 5 year olds has ended for this school year. They will start back up on Wednesday and Thursday, Sept. 7 & 8 from 10-11 a.m.
  • Thursdays in June are Reading Buddies from 11 am to 12 noon.
  • Babysitting Classes for June 13, 20, and 27 are FULL.
  • Tuesdays in June and July 5 are ICN programs for K-3rd graders from 10-11 a.m.
  • Monday, June 27 is Movie Day for K-2nd graders 1:30-3:15 p.m.—no registration!
  • Monday, July 4 the Library will be closed in honor of Independence Day!
  • Wednesday, July 6 is Blank Park Zoo for 1st-5th Graders 11 a.m.-12 noon.
  • Monday, July 11 is Craft Day K-3rd graders 1:30-3:30 p.m.
  • Tuesday, July 12 is Hitchcock House/Slavery Program with Lora for 4th -6th graders from 10-11 a.m.
  • Wednesday, July 13 is Silent Library for 6th-8th graders from 10-11 a.m. AND Movie Day for K-3rd graders from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
  • At Home Summer Reading has begun and goes until July 23! Reading Logs can be turned in by July 30. Prizes will be drawn every Friday!

Did You Know… what the GRAND PRIZES are for our readers this summer are??? Keep reading and enter each week! 6th-8th Grade is a Nook! 4th-5th Grade is a “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” package! K-3rd Grade is a Shark Slip & Slide!

Behind My Desk… Julie tells me that registrations for the rest of the summer library programs are not full, so just show up! That’s cool! We have some great things coming up for July.

I’m at it again…I am cleaning my desk and office and am really trying to “down-size.” That is a real challenge! I was able to get rid of a bunch paper, so I can store more stuff. Does that sound just a little off-kilter to you, too? Oh, well. I’m trying.

It’s almost the end of the fiscal year for the library. That means I need to be ready for the next year starting July 1st. It also means I need to finish up reports for the fiscal year ending on June 30th. I’ve been working on next year’s things, but I just have this strange feeling I’m forgetting something important. I hate that.

We will have a new member for our July library board meeting. The Mayor has appointed Mike Waters for the position. We all hated to see Betty Trewet resign, but totally understand and appreciate all she has contributed to our library these last ten years.

Have a safe and great 4th of July… and Keep Thinking Libraries!

No comments:

Post a Comment